- Company type:
- Service Provider
- Year founded:
- Employees (at the site):
- Turnover range:
- <5m EUR
CLASSICA is the worldwide leading pay TV channel for audiovisuell classical music. 1996 launched in Germany, CLASSICA presents its programmes currently in 28 countries on 38 platforms.
The best Operas, concerts and dance performances from renowned international music events and festivals are broadcasted 24/7 in High Definition and High Quality Surround Sound.
CLASSICA is closely associated and partner of Unitel, the most important international producer of audiovisual music recordings and relates with the Salzburger Festspiele, the Scala in Milan, the Arena di Verona as well as the Wiener and Berliner Philharmoniker.
CLASSICA is part of the group of company of Jan Mojto and was founded 1964 by Herbert von Karajan and Leo Kirch.
- Core competencies:
CLASSICA is the number one television channel for classical Music broadcasted on 38 key pay tv platforms in Asia, Europe and South Africa.
CLASSICA shows the best operas, concerts, ballets and documentaries from the best opera houses, theatres, concert halls and festivals worldwide and presents the best performances LIVE – i.e. from the Salzburger Festspiele or the Arena di Verona as well as from the Wiener und Berliner Philharmoniker. CLASSICA owns one of the largest archives for classical music worldwide.
- Language skills:
- Key Tech / section:
- Cultural and Creative Industries: Broadcasting
- Media: Broadcast platforms (radio, TV, internet)
- Industries NACE:
- 60: Programming and broadcasting activities
- 60.2: Television programming and broadcasting activities
- 60.20: Television programming and broadcasting activities
- Sales markets - target industries:
- Pay-TV, IPTV and OTT Plattformen Film- und Musikbranche
- Sales markets - target countries:
- Czech Republic
- Korea, Republic of
- South Africa
- Taiwan, Province of China
- Cooperation offers:
- not available
- Contact person: