The Free State of Bavaria
The free state of Bavaria is located in south Germany. With a gross domestic product of 446 billion euros, it surpasses 19 of the 28 EU member states. The economic performance of 36.865 euros per inhabitant is also well above the German and European average (as of 2012).
Bavaria enjoys an outstanding position in many fields:
- In almost all new technologies Bavaria ranks at the top, nationally and internationally
- Bavaria occupies 1st place in the insurance business and 2nd place in the banking sector in Germany
- Bavaria occupies the top place for tourism in Germany
- Both the Munich and Nuremberg exhibition centres are of global importance
- Bavaria offers outstanding facilities in transport, telecomms and energy